Go Back   Wisconsin's Drag Racing Forum > The Garage > Project Rides

Old 03-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #11
69 Post Sedan
Wi1320 Resident

Looks good.......
Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #12
CARiD
Safe Racer

I love the wheels, real old school. Very period correct.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
Jimmybeam01
Safe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
I love the wheels, real old school. Very period correct.
Yea I've always been a sucker for the vintage rims and things you typically can't find or that they make anymore, back of my nova I got those purple glass dots in the tail lights, I know that's a old school thing you don't see very often
Jimmybeam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:41 AM   #14
Jimmybeam01
Safe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybeam01 View Post
Issue resolved. Got a new flex plate and torque converter. This torque converter is a hughs and the bolts thread into the part itself all the other ones were skinnier "the torque converter " this one the gap is perfect bolted up nice. Engaged in the Trans and night and tight against the plate. The vibration is gone, the flex plates look slightly different but not by much. Weight on it is a little bigger. But happy as shit and driving the nova around without the front clip is pretty fun haha can't do that for long so here in the next couple days I'm putting the front end together and today I'm buying Audi leather seats for it, should look slick
So in conclusion I believe it was a combination of play in those ears on the torque converter where you bolt the plate to it. Possibly the larger weight is what I needed on this flex plate? And the little bit of slop in the ears contributed to the vibration? Beats the hell out of me. Glad it's gone though.

Just wanted to post this from my other thread so you guys were on the same page. Had a nasty vibration at 55-60

Also gonna be buying some 15x8's for the nova was wondering what you guys think for back spacing with a non tubbed car, I got some old super 70's on it right now 70x14's and I can't stick a finger between the fender skirt and the wheel. I got shock blocks in to bring the rake up but still enjoy the koni shocks without having to use air shocks and having such a rough ride. Was thinking about slapping the 15x8 OutlawI rims on the back with 3-3/4 back spacing. Maybe I should do 4 or even 5 I'm unsure. But I'm gonna slap the Hoosier quick time dot 275/60/15 on it. What are your guys thoughts ???
Jimmybeam01 is offline   Reply With Quote